BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Impact Of The Cape Crusader...

Harvey Dent (Two Face)


Yesterday I read a mainstream newspapers and turn the page to the cinema section. The movie of the year, 'The Dark Knight' is still on the show in our very cinema! If I'm not mistaken, The Dark Knight has been 2 months on the show. The impact of this Christopher Nolan's movie brought this movie more than RM500 million collection (I really hope that The Dark Knight can beat 'Titanic')..

I'm always a fan of Batman. From Adam West to Christian Bale, Batman is one of the superhero that been played by various talented actors. In fact I was also known as 'Batman' during secondary school due to my fanaticism towards this Cape Crusader and my hobby of absconding out from the hostel at night.

As I grow older, I realized that the dimension of superhero was changed. Batman is one of USA's propaganda during Cold War with Russia. Now, Cold War has ended and portraying Batman as a hero with a hidden image becomes no longer relevant.

After watching 'The Dark Knight', I realized that this very movies wants to tell us that:-

a) a true hero does not hide behind mask;
b) to become a hero, you must always have to be ready to get estranged;
c) a hero without mask will be remembered for his significant contributions even though he died as a villain (in fact in this movie, the public does not know that he was a villain); and
d) money is not everything. A person can cause a havoc just to share his principles and ideologies with others.


I watched this movie at Cineleisure, The Curve. It was during school holidays and parents brought their little kids to watch this movie. I wonder whether these little watchers could appreciate the output of this movie since this is 'an adult Batman movie'... However, the movie is great and I really salute the actors including the late Heath Ledger for his extremely significant appearance as 'The Joker'!

Batman & Joker

0 comments: