BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 11, 2008

10.9.2008 at Kuala Lumpur Court Complex

Yesterday (10.9.2008) I went to Kuala Lumpur Court at Jalan Duta for a full-trial. I’m assisting my friend Abdul Razak Hussein a.k.a. Pok Jak for his case. However, I don’t want to talk about my full-trial because it did not go on.

What I want to share with the readers is that yesterday was fixed for Mention for Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s sodomy case. Even though it was a Mention, the impact is significantly tremendous. I reached Jalan Duta about 9.10 a.m. and there was a massive traffic jam near the Court building. I had no choice but to park at the compound of Masjid Wilayah and had a morning marathon to the courtroom (in fact I was a bit late!).

As I reached the Court Complex, there were lots of people at the Court area. The police took strong precaution by controlling the traffic, get ready with the FRUs and make sure that everybody who wants to enter Mahkamah Sesyen Jenayah 1 to write their names and nRIC No.
I finished my matter around 10.15 a.m. As I said, my case did not go on and new trial date was fixed on early December 2008. Pok Jak, our client and me took an elevator to go down. As we went out from the elevator at the 1 st floor (ground floow/ lobby floor), there were lots of reporters/ supporters along the way out.. most probably they were waiting for DSAI to come down after the Mention. Wow.. I can’t imagine what will happen during DSAI’s full-trial if the impact was like this during Mention.

Nevertheless, as I walked out from the Court building with Pok Jak and our client, I saw two old folks who were very familiar to me.. yeah.. Datuk Aziz Sattar accompanied by the great song writer & musician Kassim Masdor. What are they doing in the Court complex? Maybe Datuk Aziz is also having matter in Court?